Calvary Christian School COVID-19 Health and Safety Plans
We want to share our health and safety plans for our Preschool, Elementary, Extended Program, and Summer Program based on current information. Please note that if information changes, we will adjust the plan and communicate accordingly. Preschool procedures and requirements may be different than the Elementary School as the Preschool is licensed as a childcare facility.
The Elementary School will follow the health and safety procedures listed below but will also be addressing and communicating any additional plans as soon as possible. We look forward to seeing all of our students back to school on August 24th and are thankful our Summer Program is in full swing!
We are mindful of proposed health and safety procedures as recommended by the CDC and Idaho Department of Health and Welfare and are committed to the following safety steps to attempt to keep all students and staff healthy.
What we are already doing:
- small class sizes
- for Preschool, Extended Program and Summer Program: student to teacher ratio for 3 and 4’s is 10:1; for 5-12’s, it is 12:1
- same teacher/s in each class (as much as possible),
- limited interaction between classes,
- handwashing before eating and after bathroom time,
- nightly cleaning of building,
- wipe down with disinfectant of quiet time mats after each use,
- staggered drop off and pick up times, (summer program)
- teaching kids to cough/sneeze into a tissue or their elbow.
What we are implementing, in addition to the above:
- non-touch temperature checks upon arrival and as warranted
- hand sanitizing stations throughout the building and also in each classroom,
- during table time, when possible, at least one chair in between students,
- during quiet time, mats placed at least three feet apart and children lie head-to-toe from mat to mat,
- increase in frequency of handwashing,
- sanitizing manipulatives/toys/games after each use,
- nightly cleaning crew to thoroughly deep clean all surfaces. Our cleaning crew has indicated the following cleaning procedures will be done nightly:
1. Using the CDC recommended commercial cleaning products.
2. Leave time - the time we leave a disinfectant on a surface before wiping. The product has to be left long enough to kill viruses and bacteria before wiped off.
3. Touch points - added focus on all areas touched by hands. Light switches, handles, counter tops, tables, etc.
4. No cross contamination of cleaning towels/rags. More paper towel use and when a rag is used, laundering it when done with the task specific to the rag. One room max per rag.
Where we need your help:
- stay home if you or your child has been exposed, or if anyone in your home shows any symptoms of covid-19. Please communicate with the Director if there has been exposure to covid-19.
- provide a face mask if you want your child to wear one,
- consider a donation of antibacterial wipes and/or hand sanitizer,
- communication, flexibility, and grace.
Calvary Christian School serves students pre-school through sixth grade. We provide a strong academic program with a Christian worldview. CCS also offers an Extended Program before and after school and throughout the summer.
Our mission is to prepare students to live a victorious Christian life. It is our desire to impart to our students a foundation of faith to know the love of God and develop the courage that comes from trusting God in their lives.
"Do not let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity." - 1 Timothy 4:12